100. Ten Greatest Modern Recreations of Ancient Technologies. Any list that makes mention of Thor Heyerdahl is a winner!
98. Five Artists that May Have Actually Been Con Artists. This is the mock spot, but tonight I mock, not the list, but those who make up the list. These people took things way too far. Way. Too. Far.
93. 7 Rules to Break in NYC. A vain attempt at either living like a rebel or like a local, both of which are over-rated.
Turnstile Jumping…or what I like to call, the gate squeeze. Turnstile jumping is risky, yes, if you are attempting it in front of an MTA employee, but squeezing multiple people into one of the gates is risky AND is a much more physical feat of strength. And therefore much more interesting to me. Okay, so I corrupted some minors once or twice in the form of the two kids I was a nanny for, but we didn’t have enough subway fare! So we did the gate squeeze and only shelled out $2 for all three of us. Setting a good example? Perhaps not. Forming lasting memories? Definitely.
86. The 500 Worst Passwords. If you have to change your password after this, then you fail at life.
79. 10 Most Gratuitous Shower Scenes. Not one these helped to advance the plot of the movie. Wait, I take that back. Crucial foreshadowing took place in the shower scene of Starship Troopers.
Jessica Alba in The Eye
It's something we'd all been waiting for, and for so long... that's right, the chance to see just the tiniest bit more of Ms Alba – Into The Blue wasn't enough, and this scene should just about do. Kind of. Maybe.
66. 50 Who Made DC Great. Not a list so much as a comicbook! Available for download.
62. 8 Wonders of the Solar System. This is a slide show, but you can trust that my including it in this list means it is worth every single click.
55. 1000 Inspirational Niche Twitters you should Follow. The best part about this list, is the sub lists. They broke it down a bit, so you can scan and use the list more effectively.
The funniest 25 ‘Twits’ you must follow right now
48. 10 DVD Commentaries You Must Hear. We all know that most of these are boring and they manage not only to suck the life out of the movie but also whatever cool things went into making the movie. Also, The Matrix was a terrible movie and I cannot believe actual philosophers would waste their time on such derivative crap.
2) Quentin Tarantino -- True Romance
Some people like to give Quentin Tarantino a tough time for his eccentricity and hyperactive nerd personality. Personally, I think he is the most entertaining and knowledgeable person in the entire entertainment industry. When you listen to him talk movies, there is no way to get distracted. He requires complete focus and intent to learn when he speaks. Naturally, when Tarantino talks throughout a film he wrote, you’re going to get a lot of good stuff.
Not only is he one of the most proud filmmakers out there, but this is (at the time of recording) his own best work. During the famous Christopher Walken/Dennis Hopper conversation scene, he goes off about how that story came about and why it is so great. he then proceeds to stop talking and watch the scene.
According to Tarantino, this is the most personal script he wrote. There is more of him in it than any other he wrote and he would have sold it for the lowest possible amount just to prove to himself he was a real writer. It’s fascinating to listen to one of the most impressive and enjoyable filmmakers gush about himself only moments after bashing his ability.
35. Top 10 Muppet Mash-ups. These are Muppet videos with completely different audio tracks. I could not resist Peaches, so it is most definitely NSFW audio. It was that or a Rick Rolling.
31. Top 10 Books Written by Librarians. Hell yes! Libraries are in danger right now, and it is important to support them.
The Accidental Tourist
This former librarian won the National Book Critics Circle Award in 1985 with this novel.
24. 50 Movie Cars. Calling this a list is more of a stretch than calling some of the cars on the list cars. It is actually an infographic, but a cool one.
17. Top 20 Nods, Cameos, and Easter Eggs in Alan Moore's Top 10. I think one of the biggest reasons for Moore's popularity is his need to reference things he likes in his works. You could scour all of his works and come up with an endless list of references.
Looks like Beatles in the Top 10-verse consist of guys who look an awful lot like Blue Beetle, Beetle Bailey, Marvel's Beetle and Ringo from the animated Yellow Submarine movie.
10. The 10 Meanest Tricks That Games Ever Played on Us. This whole list is win! I remember getting to the end of Karateka! And that bitch kills you. Oh, I was so mad! I was trying to save her and she kills me! Because I wasn't man enough for her. WOMEN!
2. Super Mario Bros. 3Princess Toadstool has a sick sense of humor. In the first Super Mario Bros., you traversed treacherous worlds to rescue her, only to hear that little bastard Toad say you got the wrong castle. At the end ofSuper Mario Bros. 3, she walks out and delivers the same old line, leading you to believe that there’s another, even more difficult, castle ahead.Assuming you haven’t smashed the console in anger at this point, the leader of the Mushroom Kingdom goes on to say that she was just messing with you. Oh, real funny, lady. Real funny. –Chris Baker
1. Top 10 Black Albums. Remember that when you click this link, your computer is not broken and those pictures did load. And of course I choose Joy Division.
6) Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, 1979. The cover art represents 100 successive pulses from the first pulsar discovered. Deduct points for having cover art. Serious bonus points for not listing the track info or names on the back or on the album itself. They didn't even put "Side One" or "Side Two" on the record.
And thus ends my first full week of blogging in a long while. It was fun, I think I'll do it again.