100. 10 Cool Things from Skymall. We start with the man and get right into it. Skymall is so full of awesome it hurts. Packed randomly with stuff I can't believe people actually buy. Ben won't admit it, but he's bought half this list.
- This is the world’s only swim mask that has an integrated waterproof digital video camera plus photographs at 5 mp
- 16 mb nand flash ram
- Operates to a depth of 15-feet / 5-metre and eliminates the need to hand carry an underwater camera
- Ideal for snorkeling or swimming pools
98. 29 Semi-Productive Things I do Online. Really? You do all of these things? And you expect us to believe that you apply any of these things? Bullshit. Go but to World of Warcraft, loser.
88. 100 Movies to see before you Die. 2012 looms folks, cue up the netflix now if you don't want to be judged negatively by Siskel at the pearly gates on judgement day! Of these 4, I have not heard of half of them.
12 Angry Men (1957)DIRECTED BY: Sidney LumetSTARRING: Henry Fonda, Lee J. Cobb, E. G. Marshall
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)DIRECTED BY: Stanley KubrickSTARRING: Keir Dullea, Gary Lockwood, William Sylvester
The 400 Blows (1959)DIRECTED BY: Francois TruffautSTARRING: Jean-Pierre Leaud, Patrick AuffayWHY YOU SHOULD SEE IT
8 ½ (1963)DIRECTED BY: Federico FelliniSTARRING: Marcello Mastroianni, Anouk Aimee
78. 15 Nerdy Characters Who Could Easily Destroy You and Who Also Just Happen to be Gay. Gay Nerds are such a threat to America that Glen Beck's big toe just exploded. Tribute to recently saved Batwoman.
Batwoman premiered to much media ballyhoo. Everyone was interested in the fantastically hot, red-haired lesbian crimefighter. But then she disappeared for a while, finally resurfacing in Detective Comics a few months ago. So, far, the new Batwoman has been focused on infiltrating and destroying the Religion of Crime. She has also teamed up with her former lover, Renee Montoya, in her guise as the new Question. There are still a ton of questions about this new Batwoman, but one thing is for sure: If you commit crime in Gotham, she will stomp the living crap out of you.
71. The Secret Code Names to 37 Blockbusters. Because people will charge you extra if they know you are on location for a sequel.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: To disguise the Chamber shoot, the film was known by the title of a 1973 Bruce Springsteen song, Incident on 57th Street.
68. 10 Creepy, Beautiful Modern Ruins. This list is top to bottom tragically gorgeous.
Abandoned British Sea FortsDuring the Second World War, the British Royal Navy constructed a series of sea forts for an advanced line of defense against inbound air raids and potential sea invasions from the Axis powers. The Maunsell Sea Fortsstill stand today, silent and abandoned a few meters above the North Sea. One, however, remains inhabited, now a nation of its own referred to as the Principality of Sealand. These sea forts are a favorite of maritime explorers, a lonely collection of stilted fortresses not far off the coast of eastern England. [see more photos of the Maunsell Sea Forts by slimmer jimmer]
61. Top Ten Most Dangerous Toys. Stew isn't too bad either. I did not know there was ever one of these.
5Power Wheels MotorcycleGenerally when offering your child a number of wheels on which to ride, most parental learning groups suggest the largest number of wheels possible. In fact, twenty to thirty is best. So, the Power Wheels motorized toy vehicle production company said (and I quote) “Bite me, parental groups” and offered the fewest number of wheels while still providing a modicum of balance. That’s right, two. Oh sure, bikes are the same thing, but bikes don’t go upwards of forty miles an hour with an incredibly hot engine on which children can, and did, fall thereby charring themselves ridiculously. Awesome.
58. 50 Clever, Hilarious, and Geeky Twitter T-Shirts. Yes this list needed THREE adjectives, it is just that super, awesome, and cool! But I like a couple of these shirts, so suck on my hypocrisy.
48. Mensa's Top 50 Websites of 2010. Ask and Bing? I thought these guys were geniuses?
38. Top 10 Things You Should Know about JRR Tolkien. Number 11, he is the anti-Stephenie Meyer.
3. He loved his day job.To Tolkien, writing fantasy fiction was simply a hobby. The works he considered most important were his scholarly works, which included Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics, a modern translation of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, and A Middle English Vocabulary.
31. Top Ten Songs about the Death Penalty. Ben strikes again, this time with a heavy dose of Metal, and the man in black.
1025 Minutes to GoJohnny CashWritten by Shel Silverstein and sung by Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison and The Brothers Four. Also Joe Bean.Well they’re building a gallows outside my cell and I’ve got 25 minutes to go
And the whole town’s waitin’ just to hear me yell I’ve got 24 minutes to go…
28. Top Ten Man Tears Moments in Boston Sports. I linked to the top 5 because they got this part right. The bottom half is ugly and way off.
5. Red Sox Come Back To Beat Yankees In The ALCS (2004)I didn’t shed any Man Tears when the Red Sox were down three games to none. This is expected to happen. The Sox are supposed to break our hearts and leave us dry of Man Eye Moisture.This is what they do.Just like the 2003 ALCS, they push the series to seven games just so Aaron “Bleepin” Boone could break our wills and dreams with one swing of his bat.So I was mentally prepared for another let down, but I guess the Sox didn’t read that same old script.Down in the ninth in Game Four against the best closer in baseball, the Sox tie it.Then David Ortiz wins it in extras and does it again the next night.Then Curt Schilling and his Bloody Sock dispatch the Yankees in Game Six.One problem, I am going to be on a plane to Seattle for Game Seven! Damn the Baseball gods!After surviving certain death over the Rockies, I broke out my radio to try to catch any signal and get a score (hope the FAA is not reading this). Nothing!!The pilot finally came on the speaker and said Sox up 8-1 in the sixth. The plane exploded in the good way, in cheers!They better hold on until I land!Before the rubber hit the landing strip, I called my mom and got an update.Mom says “Sox are up 10-3 in the ninth with the Yankees up!”I say, “Oh my god! Who is up?”She says, “The skinny guy.”I respond, “Can you be more specific please?”“Ruben Sierra and he just grounded out! The Red Sox are going to the World Series!”
18. 5 Reasons TV Guide Loves Olivia Munn. They don't quite get it. But the interview they did with her was worth the read.
11. 20 Things You Didn't Know About Light.
14 Visible light makes up less than one ten-billionth of the electromagnetic spectrum, which stretches from radio waves to gamma rays.15 Goldfish can see infrared radiation that is invisible to us. Bees, birds, and lizards have eyes that pick up ultraviolet.16 Photography means “writing with light.” English astronomer John Herschel, whose father discovered infrared, coined the term.
1. Gunaxin's Top Ten Top Ten Lists. Ben rules. I remember the shit-storm that this list caused. Holy Crap that was funny. They are Muppets people!