98. Top 5 Most Sinister Corporate Logos. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good conspiracy, but that whole site takes it way to far. I will however vouch for the evil that is Bechtel. I'm from Boston, and they screwed up the Big Dig epically.
I don’t need to go into occult symbolism for this logo. It’s just blatant and in your face. It looks like the logo of a villain in a Saturday morning TV cartoon. Why are the oceans red on the logo? Are they filled with the blood of the innocent or something? I mean what are we supposed to think? And why are the continents grey? Are they completely paved with concrete? I especially like the way “Bechtel” is stamped over the planet as if it was saying “We own this place, get the hell off our propriety”. If you don’t know about this mega construction and engineering company, learn about it because it is literally all over the world.
96. 6 Corporate Contest Fails. These are just great. People, on both ends of these equations, are dumb! And of course the infamous Opie & Anthony church sex stunt is on there!
4Nothing is SacredIn New York two radio hosts thought that nothing would bring them good publicity and feelings like having two of their listeners desecrate a landmark church. As part of a contest where the winners got trips, Opie and Anthony, two “shock jocks” encouraged people to have sex in risky places.One couple decided that they had to go all out and told the station they would do the nasty in St.Patrick’s Cathedral. Showing a severe lack of understanding about how serious Catholics are about the whole “sacred and holy ground” thing the two air heads not only didn’t try and talk the couple out of it, they also sent along someone to record the deed…live.
87. Ten Most Disturbing Books of All Time. I have not read any of these, but is it wrong that I actually want to read about half of them?
5. American Psycho
82. 10 Japanese Ghost Towns. Anyone who has looked into Japanese culture has found it to be kind of creepy and weird. Guess what? Their Ghost towns are even creepier and weirder than ours.
3. Matsuo Ghost Town
Matsuo mine in the north of Japan opened in 1914 and closed in 1969. In its heyday it was the biggest mine for sulfur in the Eastern world. It had a workforce of 4,000 and a wider population of 15,000 people, all of whom were accommodated in a makeshift city in the mountains of Hachimantai Park.
79. 15 Crazy Ways People Have Made Money in the New Economy. All of these have that 'Why didn't I think of that!' aspect to them. Bastards.
3. The Million Dollar Homepage – This is probably the most iconic of all the crazy ideas that have ever been born. This guy decided to set up a site and sell one million pixels for $1 a piece. He got a huge amount of publicity and ended up making his million dollars. He has since gone on to other projects.
78. 117 Social Networking Icons. This visual list is worth the time to look at in its entirety.
69. 10 Classic Ad-lib and Off Script Movie Moments. Writers? We don't need no stinkin' writers! (no that line is not in the list.)
Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb: Dr. Strangelove's sporadic involuntary Nazi salute
(Stanley Kubrick, 1964)Apparently, so many of Sellers' lines in Dr. Strangelove were improvised that he is often cited as an uncredited co-writer. And it is considered a study of retro-scripting, ie. when ad-libbed lines are later written into the final script. So, it's difficult to know which one to pick, but perhaps the most ingenious and intuitive is when his title character performs sudden involuntary Nazi salutes in the company of the US military (Sellers plays three characters in total).Dr. Strangelove is a wheelchair-bound German nuclear weapons expert, who has a past association with the Nazis. In one of the best comedic performances of all time, Sellers' Dr. Strangelove sometimes accidentally refers to the US President as 'Mein Fuhrer', and strangles himself with his out-of-control right arm. This is as well as having to use his left arm to push down the Nazi salutes his right arm frequently and uncontrollably lapses into.This was entirely Sellers' creation. So much so, in fact, that the novel from which the film was adapted (Red Alert by Peter George) didn't even have the character Dr. Strangelove at all. The word genius does get thrown around but, good lord, Peter Sellers really deserves the moniker.
60. 80 Awesome Ideas for All Your Old or Unwanted Books. Before you laugh, I promise that you have already done one of these!
Reuse the PagesWhile hardcore book lovers may have a hard time tearing out the pages of any book, for those less faint of heart, use the pages of your old books in these creative ways.
- Recycle. Recycle them any place that takes old phone books for recycling. If they are hardback, tear out the pages for recycling, then reuse the covers for some of the great ideas here.
- Kindling. Use them as kindling to get your fireplace or camp fire started.
- Mulch. Shred them to make a great mulch for your garden or landscaping.
- Origami. If you are learning how to do this ancient Japanese art, practice with pages from your unwanted books.
- Packing material. If you need to send something through the mail, use the pages for packing material in your box. If your box is too big for the item you are shipping, you might even be able to wedge it between books to keep it from sliding in the box.
- Moving. If you have a move in your future, use the old pages to wrap breakable items for packing and moving.
- Cat litter. Use shredded pages for cat litter that is easy on the paws and the wallet.
- Wrap gifts. If you have small gifts that need wrapping, use a page or two from an old book.
58. 16 Best Dystopian Books of all Time. I have only read 5 of these, and really need to hit them all!
15. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
51. 10 Annoying Phrases You Need to Stop Using. The person that wrote this is totes lame. I'm just saying.
Sometimes annoying phrases transform into even more annoying phrases, leaving us in complete awe of their annoyingness.
Yeah. That’s now “totes”.
God help us all.
47. 25 Works of Graffiti Art Made with Legos. Legos are awesome, and I love seeing the amazing things people do with them.
42. Top 100 Guinness World Records from 2008. I guess it take awhile to count all those underwater pogo bounces or to watch the longest continuous performance of the hokey pokey. Truth my friends is stranger than fiction. in 2011 I shall go for the record of The Most cliches used in one coherent blog post.
22. LARGEST RELIGIOUS GATHERING
21. MOST COCKROACHES IN A COFFIN
20. MOST REVOLUTIONS ON A SKATEBOARD
19. WORLD'S LARGEST FOOD FIGHT
18. WORLD'S SMALLEST DOG
17. WORLD'S LARGEST OBJECT REMOVED FROM SKULL
16. MOST BUBBLES BLOWN WITH A TARANTULA IN MOUTH
15. LONGEST SNOWMOBILE RAMP JUMP
36. 12 Most Awesome Cosplay Costumes. Cleavage free! Honest. Real quality costumes that have zero to do with t-n-a. there is only one girl on the list. Shocking, but true!
5. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee – Transformers
33. 10 Best and Worst Mothers in Comics. I guess it is true, all SuperHeros (and Heroines) have mother issues.
4. Invisible Woman: Talk about a cool mom. She's the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four, and her powers act as a built-in security system for her children Franklin and Valeria. Why go to Disneyland when you can time-travel to the first World's Fair? Invisible Woman Sue Storm can not only make that happen, but keep your kids safe as well! Is it any wonder she's on the list for the Best Mothers in Comics?
4. Rorschach's mother, Sylvie Joanna Kovacs: Let's see — prostitute? Check. Sees her Johns in plain view of her kid? Check. Slaps the kid around when he thinks she's in trouble? Check. Oh, and she shouts that she should have just had an abortion. Cap it all off with a home life that created such a mentally cracked moralist known as Rorschach, and Ms. Kovacs gets on the list easy.
24. 22 Awesome Things that look like Yoda! Y-o-d-a yoda....yo yo yo yoda! Sorry I'll stop singing that Weird Al song.
22. Yoda Pizza
15. Top Ten Stripper Roles That Answered Our Prayers (NOT!). This is the epic list of prick teases. the worst thing Hollywood can do. Promise and not deliver. Oh the pain each of these movies has caused.
4. Natalie PortmanCloserQueen Amidala as a stripper? Not exactly. Portman’s character is found at a strip club by her ex, but by the time you get that far into the movie you’re either engrossed in the narrative, or you gave up trying to follow it and got hammered waiting for the action (Pro Tip: there isn’t any). Although it is a good movie, if you rented it looking for Natalie Portman’s stripper moments, you’ll end up more disappointed than the first time you saw The Phantom Menace.
11. Baseball America's Top 100 Prospects for 2010. If you are a fantasy baseball junkie, or even just a baseball junkie, this list is all you need.
24 Casey Kelly, rhp, Red Sox
1. Top Twenty MPAA Ratings Explanations. Before I read this list, I thought they just had a grab bag of 20 one liners they used. No, they make them up on the spot as needed, or as not needed. Beware the non-stop ninja action!
73 Ninjas Knuckle Up (1995)PG-13Rating Reason: Rated PG-13 for non-stop ninja action.
Distributor: Tri-Star Pictures
Alternate Titles: Three Ninjas IIIJust to be clear, this is not the Hulk Hogan movie (that was 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain). And no, I haven’t seen it. But non-stop ninja action? Where do I sign up?
Things are progressing nicely. I may actually get set in regular posting schedule! Yes it is time to dream about that, again.