100. 10 Shortest NBA Players. True story, I had a Spud Webb poster on my wall as child. I did not grow up to be taller than he was. See kids, dreams suck, quit now.
3. Anthony “Spud” Webb – 5′7″
Anthony Webb stands as the third shortest player to be part of the NBA. After attending Midland College and North Carolina State University, he was the 4th round draft pick by the Detroit Pistons in the 1985 Draft. In 1986, Webb entered the NBA Slam Dunk Contest, and despite being the shortest, had the highest jump of 42 inches and went on to win the contest. He spent most of his time with the Atlanta Hawks, playing six seasons with the team. Statistically, Webb had his best seasons with the Sacramento Kings where he was a starter from 1992-1995. In 1998, Webb retired from basketball after playing just one season with the Orlando Magic. He played 814 games total and scored 8072 points throughout his entire career.
98. 10 Worst Blizzards in US History. Fuckers kind of forgot one! It happened to have killed 100 people and had several hours when the snow was follow. The coast go beaten up by this storm, 40 HOURS non stop! 4 high tide storm surges. but somehow the Blizzard of '78 was not epic enough for their list. Boston, and all of New England will never forget the Blizzard of '78. They predicted 6", and it hit at rush hour. Only having 100 people die was a stroke of luck.
3. The Storm of the Century
March 11 – 15, 1993; 300 deathsThis storm is definitely one that will be remembered. Not only was it a blizzard, it created heavy rains, winds, and tornadoes. Some call it the White Hurricane, simply because of its characteristics. When meteorologists looked at satellite images of the storm, it was clear that it would be huge. At its strongest point, the weather system went as far north as Canada and as far south as Central America. Despite its wide range, the storm’s havoc remained focused on Cuba and the Eastern portion of the U.S. Some states received more than a couple feet of snow while others had to deal with about 6 inches, but Mount Le Conte, TN totaled in with the most, getting 60 inches of snow.The heavy winds were focused more in the south, especially in southern states and Cuba where the winds were compared to those of a hurricane, which eventually created tornadoes. By the end of it all, 300+ people were killed due to the strength and widespread energy of the storm.
97. Four Ways Facebook is Slowly Destroying You! Yes Facebook is eating away at your humanity. And a list this short means words! WORDS! Be sure to share this on Facebook, ok?
2. It Can Cost you Your Job… Or WorseFacebook may have turned your social life into a mess, but at least you’ve still got that big interview coming up. Just be sure to clean out your profile page before it’s too late. More and more companies are beginning to check the Facebook pages of applicants, and the practice is starting to catch on for school applications as well. Plus, it’s not just photos of you getting drunk and throwing up on that cop that are getting you in trouble; it could be something as simple as a disparaging comment about your workplace or potential campus. So the next time Facebook gives you the option to navigate its labyrinthine privacy options maybe you should try to figure that shit out instead of getting bored and going to play Farmville.
89. Ten Sci-Fi Shows That Need a Caprica Like Prequel. This is the kind of list a writer should read and get inspired by. none of these projects would get approved as they stand, but change the character names and a few other things and any of them would get picked up in a heartbeat.
Buffy The Vampire SlayerThe founders of Sunnydale started out with good intentions: to create a city upon which to feast. However, somewhere along the line they got caught up in all the money. Soon they were focused more on expansion than on harvesting humans, creating a U.C. School, a military base and an airport. Let's go back to a simpler time, when living on the Hellmouth wasn't about politics, it was about recruiting gullible people to come stay in your abattoir town.
81. 12 Coolest Batmobile Toys. Combo! It had not registered how often the Bats had upgraded his ride, but every 5-10 years or so, he gets bored and needs new wheels.
This awesome die-cast replica of the TV series Batmobile was sold for nearly 20 years and was so prevalent in schoolyards of the '70s that you'd swear that it was government issued to kids. Along with the great little figures of Adam West and Burt Ward (which are sadly, the closest things we may ever get to real figures of them) this little car packed a wallop with important things like firing rockets and a blade that came out the front.
79. America's 75 Worst Commutes. I feel bad for everyone who has to deal with these! Except for Connecticut. If the gods would flush Connecticut into the sea, I could live with that. My trip to visit NYC involves all 3 Conn traffic spots. I hate driving through that state. That and they got Boston all wrong, the Southeast expressway does not go to Andover.
#8, I-95, Bridgeport, CT
Weekly hours of bottleneck congestion: 272
Worst bottleneck: Northbound, US 1/Connecticut Ave/Exit 14
Length of worst bottleneck: 1.4 mi
Weekly hours of congestion on worst bottleneck: 27
Speed of worst bottleneck when congested: 22.7 mphThe expert opinion: “If there’s a car crash it can take people forever to get home,” says Tommy Edison, traffic reporter for STAR 99.9. “It can be downright horrible.”
62. The Top Ten Nerdiest Musicals. I know, redundant, but I do not write these lists. I just gather them. I happen to be a nerd and let me tell you, that these are not your daughter's High School Musical. Did that even make sense?
10) Silence of the LambsHannibal Lecter, Clarice Starling, and that old mangina-sporting son-of-a-gun Buffalo Bill actually worked themselves into an award-winning New York Fringe Fest musical in 2005, with songs like "Are You About a Size 14?" and "Put the Lotion in the Fucking Basket!" Songsmiths Jon and Al Kaplan put the hit Off-Off-Broadway together as an internet lark that evolved into a show that took the Fringe's "Outstanding Musical" award. Fans of the gory film will be happy to catch the live show in January 2010, when SILENCE! The Musical (the show's full name) opens for a month-long run at London's Above the Stag Theater.
53. Ten Hilarious Used Car Dealership Commercials. Nothing in the world is more entertaining, for the wrong reasons, than local commercials, and used car dealers are the best of the best (worst of the worst, whatever).
44. Top 9 Shows on The Discovery Channel in the year 2100! Too bad they don't read comics or it would have been 2099.
9> Extinction 4D: Play with natural events through Time Travel On
Demand and see what stepping on butterflies can really do! (As
with all 4D programming, actual remote time travel limited to
first 256 participants.)
35. Top Ten Web Browsers You Probably Have Never Heard Of! I have 5 web browsers on my computer which is 3 more than average, but all 5 of mine are far too mainstream for this list. These are highly tweaked and specific use Browsers. I hope one of you finds one irreplaceable and thanks me for sharing.
Flock is probably better known than many of the other browsers above, especially if you’re a social media addict. Flock was created specifically to make managing your social media activities easier from within your browser.Flock focuses on staying connected through social media by making sharing and publishing things easier. It integrates directly with Facebook, Gmail, Digg, YouTube, MySpace, Flickr, Twitter, WordPress, Blogger, Delicious, Bebo, TypePad, Picasa, and more. Special features include a People sidebar, a Media bar (to browse photos and videos from your favorite sites), a built-in feed reader, a photo uploader, a blog editor, and more. There are also extensions and custom themes available for download.Why you should consider it: Flock is a great choice for social media power users who want to be able to connect with all their social media accounts from one place.Current release version: 2.5Operating systems supported: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
31. Twenty-Two Flash Games Worth Getting Addicted To. Warning I have tested exactly TWO of these at the time of this posting., and those two are like crack. Click this list at your own risk! I will also make no Casual Encounters jokes either.
This Is the Only LevelA many-trick ponyThirty identical levels. Sounds like a hoot, right? But an incredible variety of invention makes each level a thoroughly unique or stylized challenge. This isn’t about using different routes from entry to exit, but interpreting the word clue to fathom the trick to solving a given level. When you have to refresh your browser to unlock a level, you know this is something a little bit different, a little bit special, and worth several do-overs to earn faster times and fewer deaths. (http://armorgames.com/play/4309/this-is-the-only-level)
26. One Hundred and Fifty Geeky Media People You Should Follow On Twitter. I only follow 88 people right now, but at least 5 of them are on this list. Some of them are a stretch though, but you know how I am sucker for long lists!
The host of This American Life; his Twitter account is “on hiatus,” but hopefully he’ll come back soon.
The director of “Clerks,” “Chasing Amy,” “Dogma,” etc. Warning: Many, if not most, of his tweets are NSFW.Chris Hardwick
Fun and interesting geeky stuff
17. Top Ten iPhone Apps from Boston. iPhone apps + Hub Developers = AWESOME. Not all of the apps are Hub-centric, some are useful for those who don't live in Boston.
7. DunkinRun - If you’re the office’s coffee guy, DunkinRun notifies all of your co-workers when your going on a coffee run and organizes their orders for you. If that’s not Boston, I don’t know what is.
11. Become a Master in Ten Easy Steps! Being evil is boring, but if you work a little harder, you can be a Master.
2. Try to do something sort of good, but discover that goodness is weakness. Give some frozen yogurt to your object of affection while explaining your plans to subjugate the continent. Oops - that drove her into the arms of your arch nemesis. Attempt to improve the planet by unleashing everyone's "true selves" via drugs in the water. Why are people so ungrateful? You are just giving them what they want! Save a cat who bites you. Yet another ungrateful creature on this planet! You'll show them!
1. Twenty Things You May Not Have Seen Deep Fried. This list will simultaneously make you hungry, give you a heart attack, and vomit at the same time.
13. Deep Fried Pizza
I will see you list-a-holics next week!