Monday, May 25, 2009

Music Monday: Name Free

Listen to a Gypsy sing Lady Madonna to an accompianment of a Ukulele.

Read the essay.

Lady Madonna is a testimonial to Female Power. And the grim determination of mommies everywhere. It was written in the period where McCartney was breaking up with the self centered Jane Asher, and was soon to hook up with uber-MILF Linda Eastman. A very good move.
Things I did not need to know about Linda McCartney for $200, Alex.

I got to hang out with a friend I hadn't seen in a while.  A friend I tortured with the following song for an entire summer.  A friend that to this day will lash out violently at the mere mention of it.  Removing this song from your brain will require drastic measures.

Whoever You Are - Geggy Tah 



I came across this cool Sonic Youth cover a week or two back and had to share.



Bull In The Heather - The Go! Team


I was like 6 the first time I heard this song.  I still get that same degree of "HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME!" that I did back then.

Electric Avenue - Eddie Grant


Viva Zapata.

Seaweed - The Gits
blog comments powered by Disqus